Here are just some of the many media/blogs/websites we found throughout our research, that are also geared towards shift workers. Enjoy, and please send in any other sites you like.
- See Marc Saltzman’s review of the Philips Wake-up Light, an alarm clock that simulates a sunrise to get you out of bed – good for using during naps as well.
- Stephen Weistling’s blog discusses sleep, health, and family issues associated with shift work through his own personal perspective.
- The My Life and Sleep Apnea blog talks about dealing with cpap machines, waking up with sinus problems, and other trials and tribulations of living with sleep apnea.
- The Happiness Project shows the struggles and adventures of a woman trying to increase happiness and relaxation throughout her everyday life.
Some facebook groups:
- The I Am Nurse discussion group for nurses and anyone involved in health care
- Facebook group: Be kind to nurses. We keep doctors from accidentally killing you.
- EMT– Emergency Medical Technician group
- Paramedics group
- Police officers killed in the line of duty memorial page